Going for surgery to remove the benign brain tumour on 26 May (Tue) at NUH

11 April 2020

i’ll be going for surgery to remove the benign brain tumour on 26 May (Tue) at NUH; success rate of op is 95%. if everything goes smoothly, i’ll fully recover within 1wk (fastest) - 3mths (slowest). speech & mobility might be affected during recovery, but wont cause any permanent damage. the tumour & surgery wont affect my memory, knowledge & skills.

althru surgery will leave scar & make me imperfect, its the only way towards full recovery; so i’m taking this largest gamble in my life. if i win, i’ll get at least 14yrs of extra time. + i’m a follower of the wabi-sabi philosophy & kintsugi art; this episode will make me stronger.

i’m sure i’ll win this fight & fully recover soon! bcoz there are still many things i want to do, but not done/complete.

note: i’m really thankful to friends who have been helping me with admin stuff; covering me for group projects; texting me regularly to check on my well-being; giving me advices, recommendations & encouragements; etc. thank u.

updated FAQs:
-i’m feeling better, but still feel a little giddy or slight headache sometimes (dr say its due to my condition).
-i lose 3kg since 13 March.
-my physio said i sustained 21% of muscle atrophy after 3days of immobility in ICU, so i’m doing some simple workout at home (walking, calf raise, biceps curl) to strengthen my muscles.
-i’m been productive at home: submitted 3 reading responses, 6 individual assignments, 1 student researcher report & assorted admin since discharged.
-i get to eat alot of home-cook food since i discharged. :)
-i’m making efforts to slow down my pace of life. my daily routine is alot more regular.
-i really hate eating medicine.
-treatment needs to be fast/asap.

bcoz the greatest worry now is, the tumour might be non-benign (coz the lesion is enhancing) or it might grow/change. this can only be confirm after analysis, which will take abt 1wk after surgery.

Angeline shared a quote by a French philosopher Jean Jacques Rousseau: “There’s no happiness without courage nor virtue without struggle.” Courage can be found from within, you can tide through this!

actually i think the person who is most affected is my mum. she just managed to stand up after losing my dad 2yrs ago & has to deal with my condition now.

life is v fragile & unpredictable.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Going for surgery to remove the benign brain tumour on 26 May (Tue) at NUH   © 文彬 2004~2023. All rights reserved.