11weeks since my surgery & MUP Year 2 Semester 1 starts today

11 August 2020

hello.
it has been exactly 11weeks since my surgery & MUP Year 2 Semester 1 starts today. since many are asking, i’m thinking maybe i should do a quick update.

recovery is good; no more light-headedness, giddiness nor headache. i went for my Post-Op Psychological Assessment on 28 July. overall result is good; my cognitive capability is still above average among my age group. my learning curve improved & attention span maintained.

wound healing seems to trigger faster hair growth & my hair is thicker/blacker than usual. as the doctors shaved my head completely bald (skinhead) during the operation, my hair is at an awkward length now; too long to be cool (crew cut), too short for suave combing. since my hair is growing pretty fast & i cant go for haircut (some scabs are still intact), i’m thinking of keeping it longer to try some hippy hairstyle (maybe top knot?) or DIY a funky buzz cut. meanwhile, i’ll be wearing a hat/cap, which is also good to hide the scar.

staying at home for 4months is the best remedy for skin whitening! i was extremely tanned from site visits & afternoon runs. i’m at least 2 shades fairer (almost fade to my original skin colour) now. have not been going out, except for medical appointments & impt errands.

my family imposed a very strict diet. the silver lining: i get to eat homecook food by Mumy & i love it. my main meals are a mixture of threadfin, lean pork, chicken breast, eggs, tofu, tomato, pumpkin & greens. snacks are bread, biscuits & fruits only. i managed to lose fat & stay lean.

been doing simple exercises using my body weight: plank, push-ups & stretches. hope to resume running, dancing & weights by December.

i have not been doing much during the past 11weeks; only writing. my surgeon, physiotherapists & psychologist said writing/typing are good rehab for recovery, as it stimulates thinking & motor coordinations. been drafting new blogs, which contents are on Singapore places (an extension of my adm fyp “M.a.p.”) & Japan travel tips. hope to launch it in 2021 (10years after completion of “M.a.p.”). completed the research, just need time to finish writing & layout. will publish if there is funding. :)

also been creating iTunes playlists, watching TV (eg “SKY Castle”, taiwan variety, concerts), planning travel itenaries & springcleaning. pretty much a ‘recovery holiday’ similar to 2007 when i fractured my Left 3rd Metacarpal. staying at home doing things i like is definitely the best & most relaxing holiday ever.

while my fine visual/spatial judgement is still superior, there is slight impairment as compared to the baseline test done before surgery. however, this will not affect my daily routine or precision accuracy & it will recover with time.

i lose 11kg since June 2019. actually doctors said i can eat anything.

[P.S. Happy Birthday Papa.]

Labels: , , , , ,

11weeks since my surgery & MUP Year 2 Semester 1 starts today   © 文彬 2004~2023. All rights reserved.